Thursday, June 13, 2013

DIY Fathers Day for the BBQ'ing Dad.

This past week my husband purchased a new grill, he has been OBSESSED ever since, & I mean obsessed. We have grilled every night for an entire week (Fine by me, I don't have to cook ;)), I can see him getting creative with trying new techniques & an interest in experimenting with new spices. 
 So as a last minute Fathers Day gift I have whipped together an easy DIY for the BBQ'ing Dad. That won't break the bank & you may even have a bunch of the ingredients already in your spice cabinet.


Here is what you will need to create what I like to call,
Dads Kick Ass [Moo] BBQ Rub- 
Best on Steak

1 tsp oregano
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp dried parsley
2 Tbsp onion powder
2 Tbsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp black pepper
Tiny pinch of sugar
5 Tbsp Paprika
Glass container with secure lock & seal lid - I got mine at Hobby Lobby for $2.99.
& some handy dandy labels (optional but adds a nice personalized touch)- Also purchased at Hobby Lobby then I designed Labels and printed them on. The Font wasn't as dark as I had wanted, so I simply traced over it with a fine tip sharpie.

This recipe makes about one cup. Make however much you desire. I ended up doubling the recipe to fit my container & it still only filled to about 3/4 of the way.





They're cute, right?! Make him a couple extra containers to store his own grilling creations!
I taste tested the spice on dinner tonight since the hubby is away in the field.. Delicious is an understatement! I hope he loves!

Do you like my labels? 

Here are some Label Freebies to printout! Enjoy! 
Hope all you fathers out there, have a very Happy Fathers Day! Bennett's Daddy sure will!!

Amanda

















No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! Comment away!!