Monday, July 1, 2013

Down on the Blueberry Farm.

 It's blueberry season! You know what that means... a blueberry pickin' we will go!... Or I should say, went! 
 We had never been before, & being I home make most of my baby boys baby food, I thought what a great opportunity to spend some quality family time in the sun, and collect some fresh berries for my hunnie! [ & some tasty treats for myself of course]
Fresh is best! ;)

Which brings me to today's main event!!! 

 
These smoothies take the cake for the BEST smoothies I have ever tasted, they are healthy & easy peasy to make! Great as a breakfast replacement or an on the go pick me up! 
Here is what you will need!

Blueberry - Banana Smoothie Ingredients- 
- 1c. Blueberries 
- 1/2 c. Yogurt- I use Vanilla Greek Yogurt. But whatever your preference is will work!
-1 Frozen chopped Banana
-1/2 tbsp honey
-lemon wedge (optional) Just to make it pretty!
- 1/2 c. of ice (Also optional, I like my smoothies to be more of a slushy)
Combine ingredients in a blender. 
& indulge! 
But wait... You don't have time to sit & enjoy in the comforts of your home? I got something to help you with that as well!! 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
DIY : Mason Jar to go cup

-Mason Jar & lid.
-Drill
-Drill bit large enough to fit a straw. I believe I used 1/2 inch bit.
-Washer big enough to fit straw through
-Super Glue 
-Straw 

Drill a hole into the lid of your Mason Jar. This hold does not have to be centered you choose the placement, Take super glue and glue washer to go around the drilled hole, this is for safety reasons... When you drill the hole you will see there will be little prongs of metal that will stick out. The washer is meant to cover these. Hand wash thoroughly. Stick straw in & Go!  You now have a fully functional, not to mention adorable to go cup!

These are dishwasher safe. I prefer to use a disposable straw, because I never feel like straws get fully sanitized in the dish washer but that's just me & is totally up to you! 


Here's a few candids from our Berry Pickin' Adventure!

 As you can see B was 'Berry' excited! ;) 

 
 
 

 


Such a perfect day! We will be going back real soon!! 
Hope you had a beautiful weekend!

Amanda
















No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! Comment away!!