Friday, August 2, 2013

Clean vs. Matte

Now, unless you are a photog, interested in photog, or just love pretty pictures, some of my posts may begin to seem a bit dull, & or pointless.. I am going to begin incorporating my photog side more & more into my posting, this being because that is my ultimate goal, Photography. I am a photographer in training & the only way to get better is practice practice practice. Sometimes when I get my words/ photos out on this lovely blog of mine, it helps me to find some clarity on where I am, where I am going & where I would ultimately like to be.
So what may seem like gibberish to you could be some form of inspiration or an AH HA moment to me. Make sense? ;)

While I am not fully ready to launch my photography into a full blown business quite yet..  I am constantly trying to find myself in the big wide world of photography. 
Searching to find my specific style, so when someone sees my work they can pinpoint it to being just that,, my work & without seeing an artist name tag, they just know "hey, Amanda definitely took that photo!" That doesn't mean I won't switch it up once in a while or my 'style' won't change as I progress in my work.

This brings me to what I am tackling today,
Clean vs. Matte
The photo example below was taken on a rainy gloomy day, outside my house. By no means is this photo meant to be insanely interesting, no extreme editing or facial touch ups have been applied, & is rather just a quick snap shot of my hunnies in everyday life. 
 The first colored photo, pictured on the left was SOOC (Straight out of camera) photo, it has a Clean Crisp feel to it where the colored photo to the right, I applied a more Matte feel.

 The difference may be very subtle but applied to a shoot in it's entirety can give a completely new vibe.
This is the same for the B&W set of photographs below. 



Told you it was subtle.. 
Still I am torn.. I kind of love the endless possibilities with both..
While Matte seems to be the more popular edit between photographers at the moment , how can you go wrong with a crisp clean look? 


Gahhh what are your thoughts on clean vs. matte? 

I thought this post would help to give me some clarity, instead I am still in the air. I guess I shall just keep testing them both out on different photos until something clicks! ;) 

To be continued I suppose... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! Comment away!!